02 January 2014

2014: The Year of Positivity

It's no secret that I can be hard on myself and others around me. If there's such thing as chronic high-expectations, I think that would describe me perfectly. And towards the end of the year, the pressure I put on myself started to catch up to me- I couldn't stop thinking about what I'd done wrong or why I hadn't planned better. I struggled with being vulnerable- that my vulnerability had been taken advantage of and hurt me. I closed myself back up, which was taking steps back from the progress I'd made this past semester.


And I realized how much I dwell on the bad in life. I'm not a pessimist, but I am certainly a realist when it comes to expecting the expected- nothing more or less. And it's my low expectations of life and high expectations of myself that results in me getting disappointed and feeling down. So, I'm going to change that.

I'm never really one for "resolutions", but I like the idea of giving a year a title. 2014 is now officially my year of positivity. Towards myself. Towards others. I want to smile more and worry less. Give more complements and be less judgmental. 

And to remember that life doesn't have hills without the valleys. Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment