14 January 2014

Update: 21 Before 21

I've been talking a lot about bettering myself, what I've learned about myself, and my goals that I have for this semester. But, that doesn't mean that I've forgotten my 21 Before 21 list of things that I'd like to do before my 21st birthday! This list being public is awesome when it comes to accountability- I feel like I have other people who actually care that I finish the list off (whether that's true or not...). Regardless, I've met a few of my goals and have a few more that I plan to accomplish in the coming months/ year. 

I figured it might be fun to go through the goals that I've reached and maybe help others to get motivated and make their own lists or continue! 

From the top to bottom of my list, I'll start with number 4. This spring is the Indianapolis Mini Marathon, which is one of the largest in the nation. It's been a goal of mine since I began running and I think that this year is the year! I've run every day since I've been back at school... okay that's only 3 days but it's been cold so it's an accomplishment. I also conquered my fear of the corec and went to lift by myself. No moral support, noone to give me that last push. And I did it because I have a goal to reach!!

Concert tickets. So last summer I went to so. many. concerts. I think my total was 12.. but I don't remember. All I remember is that they were absolutely fantastic and made my summer perfect! Since I'm a lover of all things country music, this year I'm thinking that I'm going to splurge and buy the Country MegaTicket... it's a lot of money but it's worth it and will satisfy my #7 goal.

#10 was to move in with some of my best friends, and housing contracts are quickly approaching for the 14-15 school year- crazy since we're just beginning this semester and we have to be thinking about the next. Of course, that means all of us girls are freaking out about finding the dorms with the biggest closets and nicest bathrooms, and the best hall mates! It's crazy crazy crazy, but I can assure you that I will be moving in with some of my best friends and it'll be an absolute blast! 

Lastly, I've already checked this off, but #16 is to pick a cause and dive head-first into it. Since high school, I've been involved with the Riley Dance Marathon. It's awesome that I can continue this cause here at Purdue and I plan to take my involvement to the next level for the PUDM'14. I was a team leader this past year, but this year I want to get onto a committee and really help with planning. Of course, it means I'll need to raise more money and do more with the planning aspects of the DM but it's all worth it knowing that we're changing lives.

I may have a few other goals in mind for this year that are waiting on extenuating circumstances to confirm. 
...............................................................................
I've said it before and I'll say it again, but I want 2014 to be a year that I look back and love so I'm doing everything in my power to make it great and memorable

No comments:

Post a Comment