17 March 2013

My New Baby

So graduation just got very real to me; my parents decided to buy me an early graduation present. What is it, you ask?

via Instagram

This beaut right here: the 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

Yes, I am a spoiled brat and yes, I am indebted to them for the next 6 years of my life.
This plus paying for all of my college? 
Like seriously, I feel like such a grown up!

This is the first step to becoming my own entity. I had to set it up under my own apple id (meaning... no more using dad's credit card for app store and iTunes purchases :'( ) and it's 100% mine. Of course, while I'm home I'll let my parents use it if they want.... and it is under their insurance. But this is my computer. And, while it doesn't seem like a huge deal, it really is! I'm starting my own life in a few short months. And, in a few years, I'll be completely on my own!

I kindof experienced a bit of an epiphany when I opened this up. I just realized that I'm growing up and I'm not a little girl anymore who can always rely on Mommy and Daddy... no matter how badly I want to. 

While I'm in love with my new computer,
I can't help but have a healthy fear and excitement for the years ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment