27 March 2013

Cinderella


I'm just as guilty as the next person about looking back and reminiscing. Of course, I always end up kicking myself because I've really made it a goal to live in the here and now. For me, I can starting thinking about the past because of a dream, a song, a place... we all have thoughts and memories associated with almost all aspects of life. More than just "looking back," I'm guilty of the classic "what if?" questioning. I'll think about my life if I hadn't taken this class, ended that relationship, turned down that offer; the opposite happens to... what if I had taken that job? I spend so much time pondering this romanticized life that would have been mine had I chosen the other choice. I know that I'm not the only one who struggles with this.. If this wasn't a struggle, the world would be a completely happy place! Nobody would regret their choices. But, what I need to remember is this:

Maybe looking back may be appealing now, but who knows where this choice will take my life in the future? How do I know that this "bad decision" won't really be the greatest choice of my life?

I spend a lot of time reminding myself this, and I found this image on Pinterest . It sums up my feelings and explains everything I've been trying to explain to myself in such a happy ending, fairytale way. 

Live now to love your life today and tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment