08 January 2014

Burberry Prorsum Menswear A/W14

I'm here wishing for spring and summer, while the fashion world is focusing on fall and winter... crazy.

If you couldn't tell from my Twitter or Pinterest, today was the Burberry Menswear show for autumn/winter 2014. It's absolutely mad that we aren't even finished with this year's winter and we're on to the next... please slow down I hate the cold. Regardless, my love for the fashion house has me quite blind when it comes to watching these shows- they would be walking down in garbage bags and I'd probably cry because I thought Christopher Bailey was being "so innovative, OMG!" Okay so maybe that's a little dramatic, but I do love the historic, classic Burberry look. 

Plus, you can't go wrong with a good-looking man in a suit...





So, lots of geometric prints going on. And you can't tell from these images, but every model was wearing this fishnet-type shirt that I just don't know how I feel about it... I mean I'm sure sport coats and jackets and scarves are hot so if it keeps them comfortable... I'm also not sure how I like the tiny silk scarf tied at the front. I know it's a show but I'm all about practicality and that silk scarf in London winters just isn't going to cut it. Oh well, I can complain all I want but I know that Bailey knows what he's doing and the line does a very good job at balancing classic and trendy,

just what Burberry is known for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment