23 October 2013

Exploring West Lafayette: Greyhouse

Even though West Lafayette is in the middle of nowhere, 
we have a few areas that grace us college kids with a feeling of being somewhere 
far, far away from the farm that surrounds us.



Greyhouse is one of those places. 
It's the kind of place that you walk into and just feel happy. The staff is so kind, always happy, and generally accommodating. The first time I went, my roommate and I just randomly went in to see what the fuss was about... we left raving about how cute it was! Not only was it a change from the daily Starbucks or our variety of Keurig choices, but there was live music and just genuinely nice people! 

plus, the crepes, pastries, and gelato took me back to France... even if just for a moment

Unfortunately (or maybe it's a good thing) for me, it's not exactly in the most convenient location. It's about as far away from my dorm as I can get. Even if I bought the largest possible drink, it'd surely be gone by the time I walked the mile back to my dorm. Most upperclassmen talk about how it's a great place to go study, and I'd love to make it there at some point... but that walk just doesn't sound very pleasant when I have a huge pile of work to do and I'm really just trying to get motivated to start. 
-mental goal to get myself motivated and outside of my room to work-

...............................................................

I'm really working on taking the time to explore West Lafayette and take in all that it has to offer. Especially since I'm unsure on the exact amount of time I'll be spending here, I want to soak it in- experience it all! Luckily I have a great set of friends to go explore and make memories with! 

I'm not sure what's next on my list, 
but I plan to make good use of my free time while I'm here :)


No comments:

Post a Comment