05 February 2013

All About the Optimism

Staying positive in the winter months is always a task for me. I find that February is the most challenging, because it's been cold for so long, March (and spring break!) is so close yet so far away, and, for being the shortest month, it seems to last the longest. This year, I'm trying to smile more and be more optimistic. I figured, what better way than to list the thing I'm excited for in my least favorite month?

1. Traveling!
Next week, I'm taking a long weekend with my mom to visit a school in Arizona that I'm looking at. Even if I end up hating the school, I'm positive that the warm and sunny weather will do great things for my diminishing morale. While I'm there, I'm hoping to be a little bit adventurous: hiking around the Grand Canyon, anyone? If that doesn't end up happening, I've heard that the shopping in Phoenix is great. If there's one thing my mom and I always agree on, it's a desire to shop! It's safe to say that this little getaway may be just what I'm needing.

2. Spring Break Shopping
If you haven't already figured out, I'm quite a fan of shopping. A fat wallet is a sad closet. :-) February is my main planning month for the impending spring break and all the cute new clothes I want to get. It's a month to budget and online shop! My first package arrived today from J.Crew!! Shopping is definitely my favorite way to get through the month. I love anything from J. Crew and Lilly Pulitzer to Target and I always online shop first to make sure I'm getting the most for my money. Lots of tabs open on my computer is the most comforting (and expensive) view to me! My list this year includes shorts, a new beach bag, and some cute wedges (which I'm still on the lookout for). I'm also kinda sorta in love with these Sperry shoes. I know one thing: this is not going to be a cheap month!

3. Valentines Day...... candy
While I've never had a valentine, I do have a shameless addiction to chocolate. In my singleness, I enjoy going to the grocery store and buying all of the adorable and delicious heart shaped candy for myself and then eating it by myself! It's so bad that I have to prepare myself to NOT buy every heart-shaped chocolate I see before I go shopping. 

While February is my least favorite month, it definitely helps to have something to look forward to and get excited about. Optimism can make the worst situations suddenly become the best memories! If nothing else, smile! It releases endorphins and you become genuinely happy. (Plus, you'll look more pleasant to strangers).

What are you most excited about in February?

No comments:

Post a Comment