09 February 2013

A Girl's Best Friend

I'm not really the kind of girl who opens up and gets super close with a large group of girls. For me, girls are hard to trust... except for those few who I know have my best interests at heart. It's so incredibly hard to find great friends in high school, in my opinion. The friends you made in eighth grade are suddenly so different junior year. The girls you meet freshman year probably get sucked into the party scene by junior year. I've come to the conclusion that the summer between sophomore and junior year is the year that everything and everyone changes. It's true for me, at least.

That summer was one of the worst summers that I can remember, but it led to great things. I remember feeling so lonely that year. I was growing up and excited to start focusing on my future. Everyone else was discovering the parties that the senior class was throwing. All of my girlfriends became these monsters, and I didn't want that to happen to me. It wasn't until my final week of that summer that I met my best friend.

I'll refer to her as LEM, and you will probably hear about her a lot. She is the most wonderful person to come into my life thus far. While I can't understand why she doesn't like science or reading (I guess she's just not a nerd like I am), we share a love of monograms, Gossip Girl, and just being crazy! She is the perfect compliment, and sometimes contrast, to me. I can't imagine what my life would be like without LEM. She is my go-to girl, who never judges me for my crazy ideas and is 100% supportive of pretty much anything I propose. I believe that every girl needs her LEM.










Show your LEM some lovin' today!

No comments:

Post a Comment