03 February 2013

2013 Favorites


Ringing in the New Year always has me vowing to "figure myself out". This can come in many forms: establishing a style, giving off the best self-image, planning the perfect future. But, whatever it may be, let's just say that I'm too young and inconsistent to really sit down and settle out ANY constants in my life. With that realization, I've narrowed my favorites to the current time period. I will start with my January/ February 2013 favorites. Here we go!
Image
1.
KATE SPADE!! Recently, I've discovered the one and only KS and it's safe to say that I am OBSESSED. I seriously want Kate Spade everything. I have one of her bags, my phone is dressed in her, and my shopping cart is basically never ending. This dress is one of my favorites from her new collection, but if I could have the whole "Things We Love" collection in my closet right now, I would. 
P.S. Kate Spade has a new line coming out in March called "Saturday" :-) Keep your eyes peeled!
Image
2.
As we all know, Pantone named Emerald as the color of the year...but I like to extend that to ALL greens. Another one of my favorites is polka dots! These pants are from Abercrombie and Fitch and they are fantastic! Even more fantastic: they're currently on sale for around $40. If that's not a deal I don't know what is. Hurry and order a pair before they run out!
3.
Two words: Rose Gold. Seriously, this is my new favorite color for jewelry. It's extremely classy, yet casual and youthful enough for someone my age to wear on a daily basis or on occasion to dress up an outfit. My mom and dad got me the most beautiful Marc Jacobs rose gold watch for Christmas and I am in LOVE! It's definitely jewelry with lasting power and function.
4.
My Kindle is my favorite number 4. I've had it for about a year now but I've never really given it the love that it deserves. My goal for this year is to read more books that I enjoy. My life, for as long as I can recall, has been focused entirely on school and sports/ extracurriculars...This includes my reading life. More recently, I've been trying to make time to read and enjoy books. My Kindle makes this extremely simple to download books and read in places I'd never planned on (at the mall, on the bus, places that I wouldn't normally take a big book). I'd be lying if I said that I didn't love my Kindle.
Image
5.
I'm sure there will be no argument with this final favorite: the beach!!!! Living in the midwest and it being January, I'm quickly approaching the most depressed time of the year. The sun barely shows, it's NEVER above 40 degrees, and it's much harder to get out of bed and motivate myself at all. The only thing that keeps me going is the idea of a warm, sunny beach and the approaching spring break. I know I'm not the only one!


What are some of your current favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment