08 June 2013

Summer Fun: Crafts

I've never been much of a DIY'er.

I'd much rather spend the extra money and have a product that looks good and is done professionally. I'm not sure if this is because I've grown up with the ability to afford this or if it's my lack of any kind of artistic ability whatsoever (I'm thinking a little of both..). But, with the world of Pinterest, my lack of creativity doesn't hinder my ability to find cute and functional crafts! Between my sort-of looking for crafts for my dorm room and people posting their craft ideas, I've been able to come up with some fun ideas that I think even I'm capable of making.




All three of these crafts are definitely going to be done this summer! From left to right, there's the Lilly Pulitzer Print Craft, the Sparkly Mason Jar, and Sparkly Clothespins. 
The Lilly crafts are everywhere and I'm sure you've seen them anywhere from coolers to coasters. I'm thinking either some coasters or even small wall art- type things would be cute for my dorm room! My roommate is a Lilly Lover as well, so I think these would be so cute!
 Next, you can never go wrong with Mason Jars! They're so functional- from cups to flower vases! Decorating them is such a fun way to add a little spunk and personality to an every-day item! 
And, if it wasn't obvious that I love sparkles, how about clothespins? I've seen clothespins used as ways to hold up pictures or any other light items. But, the sparkling doesn't have to stop there, since I'm sure this technique could be used on bobby pins or binder clips. 

Like I said, I've never been much of a crafter. I'm honestly very surprised with myself that I even have a remote interest in doing these and a few other little things! But, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do when it comes to budget-smart decor. I have the instructions to these crafts and many more on my Pinterest.

Keep me updated on the cute decor crafts you do this summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment