11 June 2013

Summer Reading List

If you're anything like me, summer is super exciting because it allows for more time to sit down and read!
Naturally, I spend the weeks leading up to summer picking out which books were the top books on my "to read" list. I am really enjoying F. Scott Fitzgerald lately, so his books will come in here and there. But for beach or poolside reading, I was able to narrow it down to the first three books that I plan to read. 

I had heard of The Paris Wife on GoodReads and it sounded intriguing. Then, as I was grocery shopping with my mom one weekend, I saw that it was on sale! Not that the price has ever stopped me from purchasing a book... but I just couldn't turn it down! The content is right up my ally- it's about the life and love of Ernest Hemingway and Hadley. It looks to be a pretty interesting read so I'm excited to start it!

A Hundred Summers is a book that is coming out in June. I read about it in People's Summer Book Picks and it sounded interesting. It takes place in the '20s and is a story of luck, love, and wealth. Plus, it takes place during the summer and I'm a sucker for any kind of beach or summer love stories! 

It's totally like me to buy a book as a souvenir, so Portion of the Sea was an awesome find on spring break! We vacationed on Sanibel Island, and the author of this book lives there on the island. I'm not sure how great the writing will be or if the story will be any good, but the fact that it was written on Sanibel was enough to get me to buy.

I'm so looking forward to getting on a real vacation- away from the midwest- and indulge in these books!

What are you favorite summer reads?


No comments:

Post a Comment