12 April 2013

Spring Cleaning

There's nothing quite like the fresh smell of spring outside... but why not bring that freshness in? One of my favorite things to do in the spring is the clean! i know, this sounds crazy, but cleaning is peaceful and fun. Turn on some music, open the windows, and get going! My spring cleaning list ranges from my furniture in my room to my closet to my car to my wallet. It's a time of rebirth and organization to prepare for the best time of the year: summer!

My Room
While I don't have much to change up, I do what I can in my room. First things first, I take my heated blanket and flannel sheets off of my bed.. no need for those anymore! I put fun, springy pillows around and try to brighten the place up a bit. One of my favorite things to do is go shopping for new candles! I love going to Bath and Body Works and Yankee Candle to find yummy scents that will bring the smell of spring inside. 


My Car
I should probably clean out my car more often than I do, because I just cleaned out my car and found Christmas Trees from a holiday benefit I hosted in early December. Yes, I need to make a point to clean my car more often. Besides the Christmas Trees, I make sure that any loose papers, water bottles, cups, travel mugs, CDs (yes, I still use CDs because I don't want to invest in a new adapter for the iPhone 5), trash, anything that doesn't belong there HAS TO GO. While at Bath and Body Works, I make sure to pick up yummy air fresheners for my car. I love any beachy or floral smells! I also vacuum and windex all of the insides of the windows. To top it off, I go and get a nice carwash. 


My Closet
Perhaps the largest cleaning happens in my closet! This was the first thing I did when I got home from Florida, and is usually what prompts the Spring Cleaning monster within. I love taking all of the sweaters and flannel off of my hangers and replacing them with colorful Lilly Shifts. Just having a more colorful and fun closet boosts my spirits in the morning. I also make a point to tackle my shoes. I can finally put away my big, bulky Uggs and boots... but I make sure to leave out my Hunter rain boots for the days of spring showers :) 

My Wallet
My wallet is probably the scariest and most fulfilling part of Spring Cleaning. Mostly because I have multiple wallets for various needs: quick run to the store/ for food, shopping spree, stay in my car, etc. It's kind of frightening to see how many receipts I have stuffed in each one.. I shop way too much! But, I always end up finding a $20 bill I forgot about, or, even better, lots and lots of change. I have of $30 in change!! Talk about fun stuff! So, basically I clean out any old cards, used up gift cards, and receipts. 
The biggest thing I do for my "wallet" is to budget out the next couple of months. I think through how much money I can "expect" to get and what my necessities will be. One major change for me this year is the fact that I won't be working in college. I figured that I should probably start saving a portion of my income for my college expenditures. Because, we all know that I'm going to want at least one thing from the fall lines at Lilly, Kate Spade, etc, or a Starbucks every now and then. Saving now will allow for splurges during school for a quick morale boost.

Spring is a time of rebirth and a celebration of life. I don't know about you, but I can celebrate life a lot easier when it's an organized life! 

What's top on your Spring Cleaning to-do list?


No comments:

Post a Comment