06 April 2013

I'm Back!

After a brief hiatus this past week, I am back and ready to go! My time on Sanibel Island was refreshing- just what I needed to propel myself through these final eight weeks of school. Luckily, it seems that I may not have left all of the warm weather in the south! The long awaited spring has arrived! As my welcome back, I thought I'd share some of the hilights of the past week or so.
 One of the most exciting days of the trip was Disney World! I hadn't been since middle school and it was so much fun to go back and be a kid! The rides were better than I remembered, as was the food! Speaking of food, I ate way more than I should have. Every. Single. Meal. I indulged a bit lot...! But, how can you not with such good food at your disposal?!
 A week ago was when we arrived at the beach, and it was as beautiful as always. I'd start each day with a run on the beach (which turned out to be pretty painful- Sanibel is the shelling capital of the world), then I'd go up and eat, change, put on sunscreen, and head to the beach! My days were spent reading and people watching while soaking up the beautiful Florida sun. If it rained, we would just go shopping. I found a Lilly boutique on the island and ended up going there every day after I found it! Slightly obsessed. But, there's no way this vacation could have been any better. Unfortunately, I came home to some last minute homework that needs to be done... back to reality, I suppose.

Happy Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment