14 April 2013

In the Kitchen!

My friends and I always joke (but not really) about how I'm a perfect housewife-in-training. Now, my mom is not a housewife and most of my friends' moms work, as well. And I don't value myself any less or strive for any less than my best. To be honest, I think it's just my hobbies that make me so "housewifeish": I love to read, cook, be on pinterest, work out, etc etc. But, all joking aside, I really can't wait for when I have my own household- housewife or not!

I spent this Sunday afternoon with my mom grocery shopping and cooking. I tag along on her outings quite a bit, but this week I basically made the shopping list, planned the meals, and came back to prep for the rest of the week! And, much to her delight and my dismay, it was a fantastic time! And, the scariest part of it all is that I was actually GOOD at it!

Days like these really make me think about how excited for this high school chapter of my life to end and the college/ semi-grown up life to begin. Of course, I won't be a grown up yet, but I'll have more roles and responsibilities to balance. It's frightening and exhilarating!

My future children!
What about your future is most exciting?

No comments:

Post a Comment