23 April 2013

Beauty Essentials: Spring


I'm pretty simple in my daily beauty routine. I usually only take 20-30 min to get ready, and most of that is picking out an outfit! Now that it's spring, I figured it'd be a good idea to post about my favorite beauty products at the moment. 

It's a 10 
This product is basically the number one essential for hair! At $30, it's kinda a pricey investment, but it pays for itself almost immediately! Let's just say, the last hair appointment I had was in November... yeah! Because I use heat on my hair, I make sure to get to miracle oil plus keratin, but there's a cheaper product without the keratin. Basically, I put one drop onto the ends of my damp hair and blow dry. Wha-la!! beautiful, unsplit ends and healthy, shiny hair 6 months later! 

Marc Jacobs Daisy
I believe that I've written of my love for Daisy before, but it becomes borderline obsession in the spring. It's such a light, flowery scent that is perfect for spring and summer! If I could shower in this stuff, I would... it's that good. They just came out with a little rollerball version of Daisy, which is perfect for on-the-go or travel! 

Maybelline BB Cream
So, I know that there are so many wonderful, expensive brands that make BB cream. When I first went to try BB cream, I figured Maybelline was a cheap way to try it out. I had no idea how much I'd end up loving this stuff! I've tried more expensive brands, but I always come back to the light, dewy Maybelline. It feel like a tinted moisturizer, covers like foundation, and has spf 30 in it, which is always good for sunny spring days! The price and quality is just right. 

eos Lip Balm
Honestly, you can't go wrong with a brand called "evolution of smooth." I put this lip balm on before bed and first thing after I wake up and brush my teeth. It leaves my lips silky smooth and conditioned. I love the mint for at my vanity, but it also comes in other yummy flavors like lemon, watermelon, and mango!

Yves Rocher Moisturizer
I got this stuff in Paris and fell in love! My mom, sister, and I picked up some sample packets of this to do a facial night one night, and we all woke up in amazement at our skin! So smooth and even! Of course, the next day we headed right back to the store and bought up everything they had! This stuff is by far my favorite. It's a very thick moisturizer that I glop on my face each night (yes, glop. I use a very generous amount). When I wake up, my face is soft, smooth, and evenly colored. It's not expensive stuff, yet works like it is! Perfect!

Going into spring and summer calls for less maintenance and time in front of the mirror, which I love! But, no matter what, there are a few products that I'd probably die without! These go with me on every trip to the beach, long weekend, or just daily routine. 

What products can you not live without?






No comments:

Post a Comment