07 February 2014

Top 5: January 2014

1/12 of 2014 is already over... and I don't like that at all.

Okay maybe that's a little bit of a lie- I like that this awful winter is seeming to fly by. The cold and snow has provided so much extra time to sleep and just hang out with the girls in the dorm as well as catch up with friends from high school. My food intake has been soup, warm drinks, and cookies... which has prompted me to get to the gym more. I still feel like every time I get into the routine of school, something (like a snow day) messes it all up again. 

Regardless, I've rounded up my top 5 favorites for this past month and can't wait to share!

via PreppyByTheSea.Blogspot.com
1. The Outfit
Okay, if there's one thing I love about winter, it's how comfortable the clothes are. My daily wardrobe is leggings, a big t-shirt, warm socks, and my Bean Boots. On days I don't want to do my hair, I'll wear a hat and call it a day. I'll add a scarf or vest to switch things up, maybe some cute earrings or jewelry, and I can call it a day. I love coming back from class and already being in my comfy clothes. And, to anyone who says leggings aren't pants, you obviously haven't tried wearing them as pants. 

2. Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick
So y'all know I love love love wearing lipstick. That's nothing new. And you should also know that Tarte is one of my favorite brands. So when I saw that Tarte had new lipsticks (and I had some Sephora credit to use) this was #1 on my list! Since I'm not around a Sephora here at Purdue, I had to risk it and pick a color based on the online pictures. I chose the color "Poppy" because I had been looking for a great red. The reviews mentioned that this lipstick was pretty sheer and I figured I could layer it differently to make it work for day and night. It's definitely a bright red, but I'm able to wear it during the day and not look like I'm on drugs, so I'd say it's a success! Last I checked, these weren't carried in stores yet but they should be soon. 

3. The Gym
One of my goals for this semester was to get to the gym more than last semester- this was easy since I didn't go once. I've already met my goal and it's only February! :-) But, seriously, I've been trying to go at least 3 days a week. On days where I really just do not want to do anything, I at least to to run some stair laps, which is easy since my building is 8 stories. I can get a good workout in either way and that makes for no excuses! Unfortunately, I still make excuses but I'm really working on it and have enjoyed the gym when I go. 

4. DryBar 3-Day Bender Curling Iron
When they say 3 days, they aren't kidding! This thing is magical! No frizz, no damage, and perfect curls. I can do anything from a Shirley Temple look to relaxed waves. I usually shower at night, let my hair air dry, and then curl my hair nice and tight. When I wake up, it's relaxed. I brush it out, touch it up- only if needed- and go on my way! And I can go about two days like this before I need to fix it... or shower. It was a splurge, but it was definitely worth it!


I recently discovered that I could use YouTube playlists to my advantage. Yes, I had seen them before but I thought they were usually just annoying... until I could make a list of music that I didn't have to buy! It's awesome! It's mostly country with a little bit of everything else thrown in, and I'm constantly adding to the list of songs, taking off songs that I'm sick of hearing. And yes, a lot of it is older just because I have the new stuff to listen to on the go, but for back at my dorm I just jam out to the classics. 

So, another month down and another list of favorites! Nothing too out of the ordinary here, just a typical college girl livin life and surviving the winter. Hopefully you are too :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment