08 July 2013

Around the World: Paris

In spirit of my recent travels, I figured it's appropriate to capture one of my favorite places to travel to.

The one. The only. Paris.



I've been fortunate enough to vacation in Paris twice in my life. Most recently was October of 2012 as part of my 18th birthday present. It was the first time I was able to see the city with my family and it was fantastic. Of course, we explored Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and Champs-Elysees. But that wasn't all. We took to the city by foot and metro- like the locals. We explored old churches and buildings, went to cafe's and ate baguettes like the locals. We didn't stay in a hotel, but rented an apartment. My dad and I spoke with the locals and, let me tell you, my French was pretty phenomenal by the end of the time there. I wasn't a huge fan of Paris after my first time there, but this trip left me with a different impression.

Just thinking about it gives me Wanderlust. 


No comments:

Post a Comment