14 May 2014

the Anti-Schedule


I have officially been on summer break for 4 days, and I am definitely not used to it. Saturday was my last final of freshman year, and I cam home that night with the weirdest feeling- after constantly having assignments running through my head, I had nothing. Nothing had to be done; nothing was due to anyone except myself.

I'm calling this my anti-schedule. I'm not back on the schedule at work yet, and many of my friends are still finishing up finals. My family is at work and my sister is at school. I'm free to do whatever I like, which has consisted of a lot of sleeping, reading and working out- no complaints here! I've made my fair share of trips to Chick-Fil-A (the worst part of Purdue is the lack of CFA on campus) as well as just driving around purely for the joy of driving.

I talked earlier about how I've had some mental goals for this summer, and they don't all revolve around fitness. I've always been an avid reader, and all this free time has given me so many chances to read, read, read. Magazines, blog posts, and books have all been included in this reading material. I purchased books throughout the year that I decided to save for the summer... and I now have 5 books just waiting to be shown some love (chances are I won't get through all of them, but I sure am going to try).

Beyond that, I'm planning to go back to work next week as well as try to get some volunteering at Riley Children's Hospital, which I've worked with before through fundraisers but never as a volunteer at the hospital. I know my "summers" are running out. I'll be interning and working real jobs in the upcoming years, so I'm trying to be productive but also have fun- and I'm not too worried about it.

This summer has so much in store: concerts, vacations, and trying new things. It's going to be a ride and I'm going to do my best to keep y'all updated on life as well as everything else that I'm loving this summer. I hope finals/ the end of the year is treating everyone well! Summer is quickly approaching :)

No comments:

Post a Comment