12 May 2014

Namaste!


I go into every summer with a huge list of things I want to accomplish: golf, road trips, amusement parks, etc. 
More often than not I end up leaving a lot of my goals for "next summer" in order to be lazy in the then and now. Yes, I have a mental idea of some things I'd like to do this summer, starting with getting really healthy. 

I want to be more active in general. Do more. See more. Live. Today is officially my first day of summer, and I'm starting with yoga- something that has always been equally intriguing and terrifying. I've never been flexible or patient, but today starts the journey to both. I've found some beginner videos that work the muscles used for running, so it's killing two birds with one stone (I'm really serious about running at least a half-marathon before I turn 21). 

I still want to learn to golf, and I've recently had this urge to play tennis- a huge joke if you knew the fits I used to throw when my parents made me go to tennis camp. But hey, getting older has made me curious and I'm trying to use what's left of my summers to soak up every opportunity I have! There will be more to come with regards to my summer plans, as well as what direction the blog is going to take in the next few months.

So, I leave you with a few questions:
have you tried yoga?
what's your biggest "goal" for this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment