24 March 2014

Happy Spring!

I took a week off for my Spring Break, which I spent in sunny Los Angeles...

While I was there I saw, ate, and shopped a lot. Oh... and I took so many pictures! Of course I'm going to share some of my favorites here, as well as re-cap my trip a little bit! (get ready for picture overload)

So, the main purpose of this trip was to get some career exploration in- and I did! I was able to spend 3 full days with my cousin at a couple different clinics in the LA area. Having this much extended time, as well as being able to hear him talk about work-life balance and observe what he does outside of the 9-5 work day has been so valuable. Going into the week, I wasn't even 100% sure where he worked or what he did. I just knew that he is a pharmacist and works for a university out here in California... and I also knew that he didn't really teach. I found the clinical setting interesting and I like the way his day is structured. So, who knows? I might look into clinical pharmacy a little bit more!

But this was also my spring break, so Tommy made sure that I got to have some fun too! We did a hop-on-hop-off type of tour through Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and out to Santa Monica. I went to church with him on Sunday, and met some of his friends here. We went hiking one night, saw the Griffith Observatory, went shopping, and visited some very LA places!
the quickest picture in the history of pictures..
and it turned out alright!





the cutest bookstore.

the city from the Griffith Observatory...
it went on as far as I could see! 
at the wax museum-
Audrey! 
BBQ, Asian style! 










 oh... and this happened! 






No comments:

Post a Comment