09 October 2014

The Big Part

There are a lot of styles that I can't pull off, and it's okay because I've come to accept it. 
Combat boots, winged eyeliner, you know. Definitely not me. But if there's one thing I've always wanted to be able to pull off, it's the middle part!

All the cool girls can do it- Cara Delevigne, Emily, even Kate Middleton! 


one of my favorite bloggers, Emily, is my most
recent inspiration


But, I had come to grips with the fact that maybe my face just wasn't made for it. (regardless of how many times my hairdresser had told me he wanted to cut my hair for a center part... or "more central"). It wasn't until a week ago, when I went all-in with my hair that I decided to go for the middle part. 
For the first time, I didn't rearrange the style Michael gave me as soon as I drove away. 
I actually kindof liked it! And so I felt this newfound freedom- I can rock a center part! Okay, so maybe I'm not "rocking" it yet. I'm still learning how to style this new center part. And my hair has been in a side-part for so long that it naturally goes that way and isn't laying normally... something that will go away with time, I'm sure. 


And here I give you, my center part! Not the best lighting, or positioning, but here's what I'm working with...

p.s. how do you like my darker, redder locks? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment