02 June 2014

Those Pearly Whites

If there's one compliment that I consistently get it's 
"You have the whitest teeth! How do you keep them so white?"

In high school, I could honestly say that I credited it to my lack of drinking dark, staining liquids like coffee or soda. That's definitely changed though, and I've still managed to counter the staining for the most part. I don't spend a ridiculous amount of money on teeth whitening, but I do take protective measures to keep my teeth nice and white.



then again, maybe my teeth are just really
big so they look whiter? 


Of course, I keep up a hygienic regimen of brushing my teeth regularly, and flossing as regularly as possible. But, any time I drink or eat anything that might stain my teeth I brush soon after. I use Crest whitening toothpaste as well as the White Strips (although I haven't used the strips in a while and have maintained the whiteness). I'm not a huge user of mouthwash and I don't really believe in the "straw" method... you know, always drinking out of a straw. It's just not something that I really worry about.

I really credit the whiteness to making sure no staining substances stay on my teeth. If I don't have a toothbrush, etc. with me, just swishing with water to "flush" anything away is helpful... I think. I'm no dentist and I don't have any backup besides my own experience, but I have had only 2 small cavities in my life, so I like to think I know how to take care of my teeth by brushing at least twice daily- usually more like 3 or 4 times though- using a whitening toothpaste, as well as removing staining substances before they have the chance to really stain the teeth is really what I rely on.

As with everything else in life, I find what works and go with it. I can't guarantee that just brushing with great toothpaste, etc. works for everyone... but I'd say it's a good start! 


No comments:

Post a Comment