04 December 2014

Books, Books, Books



Words have always been a source of peace for me. 
From the minute I could read, I've had a book in my hand and two more (at least) at home waiting to be cracked open.  The same goes for music. I appreciate great lyrics, whether "great" refers to witty or thought-provoking or both.. although forgive me for my love of sugary pop melodies on occasion. Maybe it's an introvert thing- getting lost in the words and thoughts of others- or maybe it's just a Sarah thing. Whatever it is, there's hardly anything that moves me like words. 

To that point, and the fact that Christmas is coming up, I wanted to share a few of my favorite books and a few that are on my "to-read" list...


Okay number one is the American Girl book... I can't remember which year I got this as a gift but it has got to be one of the best gifts I got as a kid. It has all the original Christmas stories in a single book. It embodies Christmas for me and will surely be something I read to my kids. If you don't own it, I'd highly recommend you make the purchase! 

Currently Reading: the Goldfinch
Next "To-Read": How to be Parisian Wherever You Are

Extended "To Read":
Anna Karenina
the Silkworm
The End of Fashion
The Gospel According to Coco Chanel
Lolita
The Woman I Wanted to Be
Decision Points

See? And my list will continue to grow. Some may find a long list overwhelming, but I find it calming and exciting to be able to look forward to hearing from so many authors and characters. There's nothing more enchanting that I long list of books and a very cold winter forecast forcing me to stay inside and read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment