18 September 2014

Fall is Rebirth


Fall is my favorite season- for all the cliche reasons.

Sweaters and coffee and the joy that comes from the season. The colorful leaves and the fact that it's cool enough for sweaters but not freezing... and let's be real, who doesn't love their sweater collection? It is the New Year for many. Students have the chance to come back to school with new experiences from summer. The fashion world is on fire in the fall: Fashion weeks and the September Issues. And music? Well, music is my absolute favorite in the fall. Some of my greatest memories are tied to music that has been released in these fall months.

I take this opportunity for re-birth as seriously as I can. Last year, it was 100% jewelry. I took the opportunity (and amazing fall fashion) to begin accessorizing more. Now, I make sure to accessorize no matter what I'm wearing... and my Kendra Scott obsession has become so unhealthy. As I was reflecting on last year's "rebirth" I started to think about what it was that I wanted to do this year.

Being Bold. That is my rebirth this year. It was actually an idea from my mom- she has encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone already this year, and I'm really enjoying it. Then, I had an assignment for one of my classes that required I make a few personal/ professional goals for myself. Being bold and getting myself out there more was one of my goals. From joining new clubs to making a point to meet new people, or just show kindness in a setting where most people don't, is so exciting to me!

I've talked about just how much I have on my plate this semester. My days are sleep - run (workout) - keep running (school, meetings, study sessions) - homework - sleep & do it all over again tomorrow! I'm hoping that my schedule calms itself down but I'm thinking the only thing to be dropping will be my average hours of sleep per night, unfortunately. The beauty of this goal is that I can't interpret it in so many ways that fit into my regular schedule- wear bright lipstick, audition for a new part, make a bold move to show someone I care about them. The time consumption is up to me, and is also not necessarily related to the level of boldness. I think that's the coolest thing.

Of course, there are a few bold places I'd like to take this blog, too. I'd like to upload more outfit posts. I'd like to get a better layout (which, at a school with thousands of engineers and computer science majors, shouldn't be that challenging) and I'd like to get into a routine. I always, always go through a slump when it comes to getting back on schedule or moving back to school. The semester always comes in full-swing and the blog takes a back seat. In the past, I've apologized. But I won't this time. It's a fact of life and it's something that I've come to accept- the things we love, though they are the things we love, must sometimes lose priority over the things that have to be done in a timely manner

This blog is a hobby, though one that keeps me sane. So bear with me as I get into a routine- I'm going to shoot for at least Tuesday and Thursday- with all of life... and bear with me if I don't fulfill all the bold things I'd like to do here. 

Much love,
Sarah






No comments:

Post a Comment